Have you been treated with Taxotere™?
Have you suffered permanent hair loss?
You could be entitled to compensation.
Taxotere™ is a chemotherapy drug used for the treatment of breast cancer. One study that analyzed the effects of Taxotere™ found that up to 9.2% of women treated with the drug experience PERMANENT hair loss. Although hair loss is very common with many chemotherapy agents used to treat breast cancer, PERMANENT hair loss should not occur.
of women who take Taxotere™ experience permanent hair loss.
What You Need to Know
The manufacturer of Taxotere™, Sanofi-Aventis, bears the responsibility for warning women who choose to use the drug to treat their breast cancer that Taxotere has a high risk of causing permanent hair loss. Despite this responsibility, the company has not added any adequate warning to the Taxotere™ prescribing information in the United States that warns about this serious risk. However, years ago, the company added warnings about permanent hair loss to the Taxotere™ prescribing information in some foreign countries.
How You May Be Affected
The physical and emotional pain that women with breast cancer endure throughout their treatment is severe on its own. Adding the emotional trauma of permanent hair loss resulting from Taxotere™ use can be devastating. Women who have suffered from such an experience should be heavily compensated for their loss.
The Company has not added any adequate warnings to the Taxotere™ prescribing information in the United States.
We are Here to Help
The lawyers at PBC are currently evaluating the potential claims of women who have been treated for breast cancer with Taxotere? and experienced permanent hair loss. PBC will file Taxotere? lawsuits against the manufacturer of the drug on behalf of women who have suffered permanent hair loss as a result of using the drug. If you or a loved one has suffered permanent hair loss as a result of chemotherapy treatment involving Taxotere?, please contact Pendley, Baudin & Coffin to have your case confidentially evaluated.
Meet Our Attorneys
As a partner and the leader of Pendley, Baudin & Coffin?s pharmaceutical and medical devices litigation practices, Chris Coffin has prosecuted cases against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers for over 14 years and has been licensed as a registered nurse for 20 years.
Chris Coffin has years of experience and background in litigating complex cases involving defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices, environmental contamination, product liability, toxic torts and consumer fraud claims. Mr. Coffin has been heavily involved in multiple class action and mass tort cases throughout the United States and has served as a leader in many national lawsuits representing thousands of individuals.
As a partner and the leader of Pendley, Baudin & Coffin?s pharmaceutical and medical device litigation practice, Mr. Coffin has prosecuted cases against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers for over nine years and has been licensed as a registered nurse for approximately fifteen years. The combination of his background in nursing and law provides him with a unique perspective when litigating pharmaceutical and medical device cases. The knowledge and experience that he possesses in the area of pharmaceutical and medical device litigation has helped the firm to successfully litigate thousands of cases addressing drug and device manufacturing defects, design defects, inadequate warnings and fraudulent misrepresentations made by manufacturers. The firm has litigated cases against some of the largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the world and has led national pharmaceutical cases involving clients from almost every state in the country.
Education & Professional Background
- University of Maryland (J.D. / Certificate in Health Care Law, 1999)
- University of Cincinnati (B.S.N., 1995)
- Registered Nurse (Louisiana)
- Judicial Law Clerk, United States Department of Justice Honors Program ? Drug Enforcement Administration (1999-2000)
- FAA Private Pilot Certificate (Airplane, Single Engine, Land)
- State Bar of Louisiana, 2002
- State Bar of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Activities & Affiliations
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys
Publications, Presentations & Interviews
- Taxotere Litigation - Permanent Hair Loss, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 20, 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Talcum Powder, ELIQUIS, PPI, Essure, Taxotere & Roundup Litigation, HarrisMartin's MDL Conference, September 28, 2016, Washington, D.C.
- Taxotere: A Story About Greed and Deception, Consumer Attorney Marketing Group, Expert hosted Webinar, June 29, 2016
- Emerging Mass Tort - Taxotere, Mass Torts Made Perfect, April 20, 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Navigating Mass Torts, Class Actions, and Consumer Litigation: Avoiding Self-Inflicted Wounds; Louisiana State Bar Association Mid Year Conference, New Orleans, LA, January 14, 2016
- Benicar Litigation, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 14 ? 16, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
- Bair Hugger Forced Air Warming Blanket Orthopedic Implant Infection Litigation, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 14 ? 16, 2015, Las Vegas, NV
- Benicar Litigation, American Association for Justice, Plaintiff-Only Hot Topics and Trends in Litigation Seminar, December 2 ? 3, 2014, Charleston, SC
- Current Status of the Litigation (Lipitor), American Association for Justice, Plaintiff-Only Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Litigation, January 28 ? 29, 2014, New Orleans, LA
- SSRI?s and Effexor Litigation, Mass Torts Made Perfect, October 9 ? 11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
- Third Party Discovery, American Association for Justice, Plaintiff-Only Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Litigation, September 24 & 25, 2013, Philadelphia, PA
- American Association for Justice Annual Convention, July 20-23, San Francisco, CA
- SSRI Antidepressant Birth Defect Cases Litigation Group, Update on Status of the Litigation, July 23, 2013
- SSRI Antidepressant Birth Defect Litigation Group, Screening of SSRI Birth Defect Cases, July 23, 2013
- SSRI?s: Effexor and Zoloft, Plaintiff-Only Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Litigation Update Seminar, March 19-20, 2013, San Diego, CA
- Panel on SSRI Birth Defects, American Association for Justice 2013 Winter Convention, February 9-13, 2013, Miami, FL
- Effexor Birth Defect Litigation, Zoloft and Birth Defects Litigation Conference, HB Litigation Conferences, July 11, 2012, Philadelphia, PA
- Zoloft and SSRIs: The History of the Litigation and Latest Developments, Harris Martin?s MDL Conference: Hot Topics in the MDL and Class Action Litigation, March 28, 2012, San Diego, CA
- SSRI/Birth Defect Case Evaluation and Procedural Issues, Mass Torts Made Perfect Presents: Yaz Litigation and Emerging Torts: SSRIs, Transvaginal Mesh, and Actos, September 13, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
- Understanding The SSRI?s Involved In Causing Birth Defects, Mass Torts Made Perfect & Torts Made Perfect, Antidepressant/Anti-Seizure Medication Birth Defect Litigation And Zimmer Nexgen Litigation (A Plaintiffs Only Forum), May 24, 2011, Philadelphia, PA
- Birth Defect Litigation: Giving Birth To A New Mass Tort Causing Big Injuries To The Littlest Victims, Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 14, 2011
- Client Injuries Pre and Post Implant Revision ? Analysis of the Medical Records, HB Litigation?s Orthopedic Litigation Conference, West Palm Beach, Florida, January 19, 2011
- The Science ? Studies and Evidence of Adverse Effects of the Heart, Harris Martin?s Darvon and Darvocet Recall Litigation Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, January 14, 2011
- Chris Coffin Discusses BP?s Oil Spill Litigation With Bloomberg Law?s Lee Pacchia, May 10, 2010
- MDL Status of Oil Spill Cases, Harris Martin?s Oil Spill Litigation Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, June 23, 2010
- Chris Coffin Discusses New Developments In Multi-District Litigation Resulting From BP?S Oil Spill In The Gulf Of Mexico With Bloomberg Law?s Lee Pacchia, August 18, 2010
- Class Action Considerations in the Chinese Drywall Litigation ? A Survey of Case Law, CHINESE DRYWALL LITIGATION REPORT, May, 2010
- Choose Your Weapon: Class Action v. Mass Tort, Drugs & Supplements, December, 2003
- Case Law and Clinical Considerations Involving Physical Restraint and Seclusion for Institutionalized Persons with Mental Disabilities (23 MPDLR 597 (1999))
- Maryland Psychiatric Society, Inc. v. Wasserman: The Fourth Circuit Limits Psychiatrists Full Recovery for Services Rendered to Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (57 Md. L. Rev. 1233 (1998))