Verdicts & Settlements
The lawyers at Pendley, Baudin and Coffin, L.L.P. have been successful in achieving positive results for thousands of clients. Below is a small sampling of those results.
- $11.7 million national class action settlement reached with Lowes Home Improvement Stores.
- Pendley, Baudin & Coffin has been involved in the GMO Rice litigation pending in St. Louis federal court since 2007 representing over 700 clients. The Multi District Litigation has settled for a cash payment for all claimants of $750,000,000 by A. G. Bayer, the company that developed the rice variety with the mutation. While in the experimental development, the modified rice escaped from the test plots and contaminated the entire rice production from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri. It is believed that the contamination of the commercial rice crops occurred around 2001 but was not discovered until early 2006 in the 2005 rice crop. On the announcement by the USDA of the contamination in August, 2006, the demand for rice from these states fell to almost zero at a time when the 2006 crops was about to be harvested. The economic loss to the rice producers and mills was, in many cases, quite catastrophic. The litigation was hard fought and the resolution brings some economic relief to the rice producers.
- National settlement exceeding $900 million in multiple class actions involving defective polybutylene pipe.
- National settlement exceeding $100 million with international pharmaceutical company to resolve over 3,000 cases.
- National settlement exceeding $80 million in nationwide class action involving claims for pesticide exposure against major international chemical company.
- Pendley, Baudin and Coffin helps to achieve $40 million class action settlement with GlaxoSmithKline. A federal judge in Minnesota approved the settlement to refund money to third party payors that paid for Paxil used by children.
- Resolution of over 20,000 cases involving disputed sales taxes on manufactured homes. A settlement was reached in excess of $29 million.
- Class action settlement of $9 million related to chlorinated phenol pollution of Mississippi river by major international chemical company.
- Attorneys representing more than 4,900 people who resided in or visited Myrtle Grove Trailer Park between 1997 and 2001 have negotiated a settlement worth $2.49 million in a water contamination lawsuit.
- Individual settlement in the amount of $300,000.00 for client injured after using a medication sold by an international pharmaceutical company.
- Verdict of over $240,000.00 for client whose wrist was injured as a result of a hospital’s negligence.
Prior results do not guarantee future outcome.