Evan P. Fontenot
Evan Fontenot is an associate with Pendley, Baudin & Coffin, L.L.P. joining the firm in October of 2017.
Evan Fontenot is an associate attorney with Pendley, Baudin & Coffin, L.L.P. joining the firm in October of 2017. Mr. Fontenot primarily practices in the areas of complex litigation involving products liability, including defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Mr. Fontenot additionally has experience in mass tort cases involving environmental and toxic torts. Although these cases often involve multi-district litigation and class actions across the nation, Mr. Fontenot also litigates single-plaintiff personal injury cases in Louisiana.
While pursuing his law degree at Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Mr. Fontenot practiced as a student clinician in the Immigration Law Clinic and participated in the Trial Advocacy Program. In 2017, Mr. Fontenot was awarded the Dean’s Scholar Award and received his Juris Doctor and Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law.
Education & Professional Background
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center (J.D., D.C.L., 2017)
- Louisiana State University (B.A., English Literature, 2014)
- Louisiana State University (Minors, Mass Communications & History, 2014)
- State Bar of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017
Activities & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- 18TH JDC Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice