DePuy Synthes Attune Knee Implant Problems
The attorneys at Pendley, Baudin & Coffin, L.L.P. are actively investigating potential lawsuits on behalf of patients who received the DePuy Synthes Attune system and will help to protect your claim. Our experienced team of lawyers can evaluate your case to determine if you may be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, medical bills, and other losses. Contact us today at (888) 725-2477 for a free case evaluation.
DePuy Synthes Attune Knee Replacement Problems
Complaints have recently emerged from patients who have suffered severe side effects from DePuy knee implant problems, and ultimately knee implant failure after having full knee replacement surgery with the DePuy Synthes Attune® Knee System. Patients are reporting DePuy knee replacement pain and knee implant problems after their Attune knee replacement devices prematurely fail within only a year or two of surgery, and often times within months of the initial knee surgery. Reports complain of DePuy knee replacement tibial baseplate loosening which leads to pain, infection, inflammation, and injuries including bone or muscle damage. Many patients are reporting a loss of or lack of bonding of the knee component to the bone after Attune failure, often leading to additional surgeries or procedures.
When a patient’s knee replacement prematurely fails, patients can face infection, painful revision surgery, and extensive rehabilitation. Revision surgery is typically more difficult than the initial surgery, especially when bone loss has developed as a result of the implanted device. A common reason for knee implant failure noted by surgeons performing revision surgeries, appears to be when the device fails to adhere to the bone due to the lack of bonding between the bone and the implant.
How do you know if your Attune knee implant has failed? Symptoms of Attune implant failure may include the following:
- Instability and Loosening: If you’re experiencing instability in your knee when you stand or put weight on it, or your knee is moving backwards or sideways in any manner, this may be a sign of a defective product. This condition grows increasingly worse as ligaments become inflamed and damaged.
- Unusual Swelling: When the knee lining becomes inflamed, it generally causes fluid to build up resulting in the sensation of swelling. This is another indication that something could be failing with a knee implant.
- Persistent Pain: If you’re experiencing constant or persistent throbbing or pain when your knee is in motion, you could be suffering from a failed implant.
- Warmth or Heat in the Knee: Although this is a normal sensation for a few months following surgery, if warmth or heat in your knee returns, this could be caused by a failed Attune knee implant.
Most common symptoms submitted to the FDA include:
- Tibial Loosening
- Disassociation of the insert
- Change in the position of the components
- Patello-Femoral Tracking-Lateral Release
Most common device failures listed in complaints to the FDA include:
- Loss of or failure to bond
- Component(s) worn
- Loss of Osseointegration
- Metal shedding debris
If you or a loved one has suffered any of these DePuy knee implant problems or implant failure following knee replacement surgery from an Attune Knee System, don’t wait for further DePuy knee implant pain or a device recall before exploring your legal rights. Call us at (888) 725-2477 today.