David M. Hundley
Dave Hundley is Of Counsel with Pendley, Baudin and Coffin, L.L.P., he is the founding member of the Hundley Law Group, where his practice is devoted to complex personal injury and medical malpractice litigation before the trial and appellate courts in Chicago. While Mr. Hundley remains an active trial lawyer serving his individual clients, he formed the Hundley Law Group in 2008 to provide appellate counsel and complex litigation support to his colleagues in the trial bar. In 2008 through 2011, Mr. Hundley was named a ?Rising Star? in the area of appellate litigation by Super Lawyers magazine.
Mr. Hundley began his career as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago. He litigated police-related civil rights cases before eventually entering private practice with Curcio Law Offices in 2002, where he was named a partner in 2007.
Mr. Hundley won his first jury trial on behalf of an injured plaintiff barely a month after entering private practice, securing a verdict of nearly half a million dollars. Since then he has continued his success as a trial lawyer, including several seven-figure verdicts and settlements. In addition to his skills as a trial advocate, however, Mr. Hundley developed an exceptional ability as a legal writer, often preserving his clients? rights to fair compensation after complex motion practice and oral argument in the trial courts as well as before the Illinois Appellate Court.
Education & Professional Background
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois 1998, J.D.
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1995 B.A. (Economics)
- State Bar of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court, N. Dist. of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court, C. Dist of Illinois, 2007
- United States Supreme Court, 2008
Activities & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008 - 2011
- William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award, 2010, 2009, 2003
- Member, DePaul University College of Law Dean's Advisory Council, 2009 - present
- Member, DePaul University President's Club Advisory Councel, 2011 - present
- Member, Gene Siskel Film Center Advisory Board
- Chicago Host Committee Member, Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland